Dear Graduating Senior:
Congratulations on your approaching graduation! As a participant in the Destination ImagiNation® program, you are invited to apply for two Destination Imagination Scholarships:
1. DISC Scholarship. This is a National DI Scholarship. Deadline March 1, 2013: Click Here
2. Destination Imagination Colorado Scholarships: Rules below.
The Colorado Destination ImagiNation Continuing Education Scholarship. This scholarship is open to ALL graduating seniors who have participated in the Destination ImagiNation program. Participation can be as a team member or as a volunteer. This scholarship has been created to show our continued support of Colorado Destination ImagiNation participants as they further their education in any area. This includes but is not limited to college, military service and trade schools.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
To apply for this scholarship, please submit ONE copy of each of the following items:
ALL ITEMS MUST BE RECEIVED (NOT POSTMARKED) BY March 15, 2013 FOR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE
- A Letter of Introduction that will help our committee “Get to Know You.” It should include your Destination ImagiNation involvement, both current and past, things you like to do, your future plans, and anything else you would like for us to know. Please keep this Letter of Introduction to one page.
- Scholarship Application Click Here: 2012-2013 Scholarship Application
- IDODI – use your skills and creativity to share with us how your participation in Destination ImagiNation will help you to achieve your future goals. The theme is “I DO DI.” The format is up to you – it can be an essay, pictorial representation, video, etc. The only requirement is that it must fit within a 10” x 12” x 6” (or smaller) box. Further requirements, as applicable, are that it may not exceed 1 page or 5 minutes in length. Use your creativity!! All submissions remain the property of Colorado Extreme Creativity and may be used to market Destination ImagiNation. The more creativity the better! Creative projects and videos tend to score higher than essays.
- One letter of recommendation from your Team Manager, DI School Coordinator, or DI Official
- One letter of recommendation from a school official
The completed application should be mailed to:Colorado Extreme Creativity 701 S. Logan St. #10 Denver, CO 80209
This scholarship is open to Colorado high school seniors who have participated in Destination ImagiNation.
Incomplete applications and those received after the 03/15/13 deadline will NOT be considered.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Should you have any questions, we can be reached at 720-542-3637. Again, congratulations and best wishes for your future success.
Colorado Destination ImagiNation Scholarship Committee
Application: Tips for Success
- Show us how Destination ImagiNation has enriched your life and made you a better citizen of your world.
- Choose the people you ask for recommendations wisely! They should be able to share with us how Destination ImagiNation has made you a better member of your community or how you have had a positive impact on your teammates, friends, etc.
- Show us your creativity!
- Do not provide a synopsis of every award or trip to State or Global Finals
- This scholarship is NOT based on academic achievement – we don’t know your grades or test scores!
- Your IDODI should not be a “re-hash” of a challenge solution or a video of your performance, etc.
- Make sure your application is complete and all items are received by the March 15, 2012 deadline:
Letter of Introduction
Scholarship application – completed
IDODI – meets size and length parameters
Letter of recommendation from Team Manager, DI School Coordinator, or DI Official
Letter of recommendation from school officialMAIL TO: Colorado Extreme Creativity 701 S. Logan St. #10 Denver, CO 80209